Select Page

Frequently Asked Questions

What file types do you accept?
We accept a variety of different formats such as PDF, EPS, TIFF, JPEG, GIF and PNG. If you are sending us artwork with a mix of graphics and photography, please provide us with a print ready PDF. If you are sending any Photography, please ensure it is as high resolution as possible. If you are sending over an EPS, please ensure that all the fonts are outlined.
Do you accept Microsoft Word files?
Unfortunately we do not accept Microsoft Word or any Microsoft Office file types. This is because Microsoft documents are not print ready, and the overall format including text and images can often appear very different when opened on different computers. Most versions of Microsoft Word allow you to saves files in PDF format. which is much better for print. To do this just click File, then Save As and then choose PDF as the file type. Please make sure to check your PDF after saving as elements of your design may move or change.
My file is too large to email, how can I send it to you?
For any files too large for email, we would recommend WeTransfer as it’s free and easy to use. All you need to do is enter our email address (, provide your own email address, select your file and add a message (please quote your order or quote reference if you have this available) and hit transfer.
What are Bleed and Crop Marks?
Crop/Trim marks guide us to where your product should be trimmed down to the correct size and should be positioned at the edge of the paper or the finished size. The Bleed is an additional area to the artwork, traditionally 3mm around each edge, that allows us to trim your artwork to the edge neatly without any white edges being visible in case the paper moves ever so slightly in production.


More information on how to setup bleed and crop marks can be found in our artwork guide.
What is the Quiet/Safe zone?
With print, we always recommend keeping all important content such as text and images at least 5mm away from the edge of your artwork. We refer to this area as the Quiet or Safe Zone.
This is a precaution in case the paper moves during production. If this occurs and there is text too close to the edge, this text can be trimmed off.
More information on how to setup bleed and crop marks can be found in our artwork guide.
What’s the difference between Lamination and Encapsulation?

Lamination and Encapsulation are two different ways of applying a plastic coating to paper or card. However, what 99% of people call lamination is actually encapsulation!


When you cover a sheet of paper in plastic so that there is a lip going all the way around it, making the whole print waterproof, you are Encapsulating. Commonly used for items like ID badges, or menus – or any environment where you want to ensure longevity with the ability to wipe clean too.


When you put a very thin layer of plastic on either one or both sides of your print which has no lip, you are laminating. It can help protect from damage from handling and prevents smudging. It is commonly used for office materials, and marketing items such as outer covers, and corporate prints. Available in gloss, matt or soft-touch (velvet) it can add that something extra to any printing when you want that professional and tactile feel.

Wimledon Business Studio Logo